In the fifth installment of Jimmy Fallon's "History of Rap" (and his first installment as host of the Tonight Show), Fallon closed his first week strong, especially after last night's Michelle Obama kale situation. Along with Justin Timberlake, Fallon tackled some of rap's finest, including Kanye West, The Beastie Boys, and that "hotstepper" guy.
Here are the songs they performed:
- LL Cool J: "I'm Bad"
- Run DMC: "Beats to the Rhyme"
- Crazy Calls: "Wait for the Beep"
- Beastie Boys: "Fight For Your Right"
- Tone Loc: "Wild Thing"
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince: "Fresh Prince Theme"
- Salt N' Pepa: "Whatta Man"
- Positive K: "I Got A Man"
- The Notorious B.I.G.: "Big Poppa"
- Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg: "Dre Day"
- Warren G feat. Nate Dogg: "Regulate"
- N.W.A.: "Straight Outta Compton"
- Ini Kamoze: "Hot Stepper"
- Outkast: "So Fresh, So Clean"
- Busta Rhymes feat. P. Diddy & Pharrell: "Pass the Courvoisier, Part II"
- Kris Kross: "Jump"
- Skee-Lo: "I Wish"
- Jay Z: "99 Problems"
- Ludacris: "Move Bitch (Get Out the Way)"
- Drake: "Started From the Bottom"
- Kendrick Lamar: "Swimming Pools (Drank)"
- Kanye West feat. T-Pain: "Good Life"
- Run DMC: "Walk This Way"
And with that, the first week is over and we can all go back to forgetting late night television exists.