Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne have crappy neighbors; you can now go back to watching The Big Bang Theory but pretend you're only excited for football; and thank God, because the Labor Day box office was so crappy, One Direction almost took the top spot.
- Seth Rogen's baby eats a condom, and other depraved things, in the new red band trailer of Neighbors [YouTube]
- The standoff between CBS and Time Warner Cable has finally drawn to a close, and everyone got what they wanted! Except for Time Warner. It pays ($2 instead of $1) to be Les Moonves! [NYT]
- Harry Connick Jr. has traded in a life of Doctors Without Borders and raising Grace Adler's child for a seat on the American Idol judges panel alongside Keith Urban and J.Lo for season 832. [THR]
- Try as they might, ex-Mr. Taylor Swift and his merry band of misfits were unable to topple Oprah and The Butler at the box office, even though it looked close for a scary second. [Vulture]
- Seth Meyers got married this weekend and it wasn't to Stefon. [People]
Breakdowns is a daily roundup of all the news that wasn't interesting enough to get two paragraphs.